Monday, March 2, 2009

One Glimpse

A friend of ours recently ‘changed her address’ and now resides in heaven. She was the wife of a farmer, has loving children and grandchildren and affectionately called her husband, who had died a few years earlier, ‘Dad.’ She seemingly loved everything this life had to offer her, especially her home and her family. She was also blessed to be able to live on the farm until the moment she died. As she was moving in and out of consciousness, her daughter said all of a sudden her eyes widened and she said, “Dad, is this heaven? Is this heaven?!” Quickly followed by, “I want to die! I want to die!” She then received her wish and passed on to her eternal reward. I Corinthians 13:12 says, “Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.” It’s powerful to think that all it took for our friend was one glimpse of heaven for her to quickly leave behind everything else she had held so dear for so long. If one brief glimpse of heaven does this for us, imagine what joy and exhilaration comes when we fully reside there on a permanent basis. I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bruce,

I can't wait either ! The older I get, the more I realize there is really nothing holding me here ! When I see you coming, I'll welcome you at the gate Bruce !