Monday, May 26, 2008

Knowing Christ

When one of my sons was younger, he asked me if I knew the famous basketball player Lebron James. I said that I did, much to his delight. I wondered why he was so excited about this, and as
our conversation continued I discovered why. He thought that I knew James personally. I then had to clarify that I knew of him but had never spent any time with him to really know him and
to discover what he’s like personally. I then explained that just because you know about someone doesn’t mean you really know him or her on a personal basis. What about each one of us? In our spiritual lives, do we simply know things or remember stories about who Christ was, or do we honestly know him on a personal, intimate level?

2 comments:

Becky Jo said...

I'm so proud of you & your blog!
God's grace abounds... where would we be without it!

`~Becky McCollum Farley

Anonymous said...

Bruce,

The only persons you should get even with are those who have helped you. Thanks for putting things in perspective ! Never miss an opportunity to make someone happy !